WHO: KiDS of all ages
WHAT: Genesis KiDS is a children’s ministry uniquely designed with your child in mind! Every Sunday, kids experience safe, age-appropriate environments where the Bible is taught in a creative and relevant way. We are so passionate about kids learning about Jesus in a way that they can understand! Because of this, we discourage parents from bringing their kids into the main church service, which is designed for adults and students (Grade 6 and older)
* check in starts 15 minutes before each service!
GENESIS KiDS CHECK-IN: Look for it at the KiDS area in the main entrance! Your first stop will be the Check-In desk. One of our volunteers will meet your family and check your child into their KiDS class before they enter to their age-appropriate area.
HOW DOES CHECK-IN WORK?: You will be given a PARENT TICKET and your child will be given an identification tag, that are exclusive to your family. During checkout, you will return to your child’s room and show your tag in order for your child to be able to leave with you. If for any reason you lose your matching parent tag, please go directly to the KiDS Check In Desk (where you initially checked in) and present your ID.
NEW HERE?: Welcome! We are so excited you’re considering Genesis KiDS for your child – they’re going to love it! For Check-In, we will ask for the following information at the Check-In table: family members’ names, child’s name and birth date, address, phone number and any special needs or allergies.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
Our serving teams are here to ensure your little ones are well taken care of. Part of making their experience enjoyable is making sure we have everything we need to keep them happy, comforted, and fresh. When packing your child’s diaper bag/backpack, we ask that you please include the following items:
YOUNGER than 2 Years
· A pacifier or other similar comforting item, should your child need it for additional security.
· A complete change of clothes…just in case.
· A bottle of milk, formula, juice, or water.
· If mothers are nursing please either supply us with pumped milk or please plan to come back and feed their infant.
2 Years – 5 Years
· Snacks: We provide light snacks that WILL BE POSTED ON OUR BOARD, and water. If you prefer your child not have this, please let one of our leaders know when you check-in. You are also welcome to pack an alternate snack for your child.
· Back-ups: We know that children at this age can, and still do have accidents every now and then. Just in case, we ask that you pack a small bag with a spare change of clothes, and diapers or disposable training pants, as applicable.
PARENTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE DIAPERS
Jacky Hallson – Children’s Ministries
Affectionately known as “Gramma” by many of the children, Jacky is in charge of our children’s ministries. She treats all the kids as though they were her own grandchildren (and yes, that includes sprinkling in a bit of sugar!) Her goal is to help children cultivate a relationship with God. She believes that repetition and creativity are key in learning and strives to bring consistency, compassion and innovation into the Sunday School classes she teaches and supervises.